Saturday, January 26, 2013

Uplifting Stories


If I possess the means and knowledge to conduct research studies about any topic in the early childhood field it would be helping children growing up in poverty. Knowing the effects of children growing up in poverty I would collect data from sources that could help children as well as the families who are a part of the situation. This positive contribution would really affect the well being of families as well as the children because it helps with their development. Children growing up in poverty has a disadvantage verses the children who comes from a wealthy family. I would research ways to decrease the disadvantage were all children has the same chances of becoming successful in life. I personally know of children and I also work with children of low income parents. In my opinion, children who are in wealthy families parents send their children to the best childcare centers were as low income families does not base their children childcare on the quality, education of the teachers, and importance of their development. It is important for my research to allow children living in poverty to be considerate of the importance of the early years of life and development.

3 comments:

  1. Shovonne,

    I can tell that your are very passionate about the topic of childhood poverty. I find that childhood poverty is a topic that has been well researched with regards to the numerous articles and studies that has been developed across the world. This particular area of study is certainly a pertinent issue to the field of early child care in general. How would your research provide insight from a solution focused standpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shovonne, what about poverty are you interested in? My grandchildren are growing up in low income families yet they are developing wonderfully. Two of my grandchildren are in the gifted program at their school. One is learning to play the french horn and one is learning to play the drums. The school has lent my granddaughter a french horn because her family cannot afford one. Though they live in a house that is falling down around their ears they are very happy because they are loved. Poverty does not automatically mean that a child will be disadvantaged, though many are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shovonne,
    I am very interested in dedicating the second half of my career to addressing and helping to alleviate the crippling affects of poverty. The disparity between affluent children and children living in poverty is huge. You are correct, children living in poverty are at a huge disadvantage. I feel like all children should have a fair start in life. The good news is with proper intervention, children can overcome the devastating effects of poverty.

    ReplyDelete