Tuesday, October 8, 2013

How to Build A Team




The hardest good-bye from a group was my High School basketball team. I wish I could play with those girls for the rest of my life. A closing ritual I experience was the last game we played together. We really enjoyed each other as we traveled to the playoffs. It was the first year as a four time varsity player that I made it to the playoffs.
I imagine adjourning from the group of colleagues I have formed working on my master’s  degree in the Early Childhood field by taking their comments, work ethics, and wisdom with me. I have learned a lot of different things from my colleagues such as, job positions, ideas, and insights. Adjourning is an essential stage of teamwork because it reflects on the accomplishments and failures as well as determining if the group will take on another task. It’s the stage when most people have a dinner, say good bye or thank you.   

3 comments:

  1. Shovonne,
    that's a really good point that when we adjourn, we'll be taking with each other so much knowledge we've gained from each other. I absolutely agree! It has been so refreshing to constantly be working with a group of people who are also striving for the best for children. Great post!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. The experiences we that we us are ever lasting. We have learned new insights, shared ideas and even though we haven't met, we have spent a lot of time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Admitting that our time here at walden is almost over, is scary to me. My mother asked me the other day what I was going to do once school was over, and honestly I am not sure. This is all I have known for 6 years, to have all that free time to me, is scary. I agree that the amount of knowledge that we will take away from walden when we are done is priceless. We will use the information we are gained forever while we are in the field of early childhood education to improve the education for our children. Great post.

    ReplyDelete